Monday, November 17, 2008

I Love a Good Bluff

It's not often when you can pull off a good bluff in HORSE limit games. If a player is calling you down, they usually have the correct odds to call a river bet. In the following hand, I played it the way I did because I was pretty agitated at the guy. He had just beat me in a HU match through some terrible suckouts, and after sharkscoping him, found out that he was a consistently losing player.

He was playing pretty LAGgy and bet hard till the river almost every hand. I had just been waiting around for a good hand. This was the best hand I saw in a while and decided to make a play when the turn came.

Enjoy :)

(Courtesy of Greg.ca, thanks for the converter!!)


Full Tilt Poker Game: HORSE $50 + $2.50 Heads Up Sit & Go, Table 1 - 40/80 - Limit Omaha H/L - 2008/11/16

Seat 1:
Hero (1,790 in chips)
Seat 2: Villain (1,210 in chips)

Hero posts the small blind 20
Villain posts the big blind 40

Seat #1 is the button


Preflop:


Dealt to Hero [ ]

Hero raises to 80

Villain calls 40


The Flop: [ ]


Villain bets 40
Hero calls 40

The Turn: [ ]


Villain bets 80
Hero raises to 160
Villain raises to 240
Hero raises to 320
Villain calls 80

The River: [ ]













Villain checks
Hero bets 80
Villain has 15 second left to act
Villain folds

Uncalled bet of 80 returned to Hero

Hero mucks
Hero wins the pot 880