Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Playing on Tilt is Bad

Everyone knows this, yet people still do it. Why? Cause you always get caught up in the moment. Well, at least that's why I still do it. Luckily, you can't lose that much playing limit HORSE, though that's also exactly the reason why I start playing HU hold em or omaha when I'm steaming. Today wasn't too bad though, I just had one game where my opponent was down to 200 some chips, and he came back to win through some seemingly unfair beats.

Full Tilt Poker Game: HORSE $100 + $5 Heads Up Sit & Go, Table 1 - 120/240 - Limit Omaha H/L
Seat 1: Hero (2,540)
Seat 2: Villain (460)
Villain posts the small blind of 60
Hero posts the big blind of 120
The button is in seat #2
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Hero [8d Ad Ks 6c]
Villain calls 60
Hero raises to 240
Villain calls 120
*** FLOP *** [7s 5d 6d]
Hero bets 120
Villain raises to 220, and is all in
Hero calls 100
Villain shows [Jd Qc 4c 5s]
Hero shows [8d Ad Ks 6c]
*** TURN *** [7s 5d 6d] [Js]
*** RIVER *** [7s 5d 6d Js] [5c]
Villain shows a full house, Fives full of Jacks, for high
Hero shows two pair, Sixes and Fives, for high andHero shows 8,7,6,5,A, for low
Villain wins the high pot (460) with a full house, Fives full of Jacks
Hero wins the low pot (460) with 8,7,6,5,A
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 920 | Rake 0
Board: [7s 5d 6d Js 5c]
Seat 1: Hero (big blind) showed [8d Ad Ks 6c] and won (460) with HI: two pair, Sixes and Fives; LO: 8,7,6,5,A
Seat 2: Villain (small blind) showed [Jd Qc 4c 5s] and won (460) with HI: a full house, Fives full of Jacks

At least with Hi/Lo games, most times a suckout is just losing half the pot. If an ace and a 5 came up, I would've lost the whole thing.

Haha, when I'm super tilting, I go down to the $2 games and play as many heads up games as I can. I just raise raise raise, and hope to suck out as many times as I can. It always makes me feel better when 3 8 beats A K :)

Oh poker, how I hate you yet still come crawling back every time.